Monday, January 6, 2014

Reflections for the New Year



Happy New Year! 

I hope your holidays were wonderful and that your 2014 is off to a great start! I traveled over 40 hours between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, so I am quite happy to be back at home and easing into normal life again. (And by easing I mean that I started work again today, but most of Joburg didn't, so it's still quite around this city.) I'll share some pictures and happenings from my holiday later this week.

Do you make new year's resolutions?

I used to and I think I've always liked the idea of them, but I rarely stick with them past March or so (big surprise). I do, however, think it is a brilliant idea to reflect on the year that has passed and think about what you want the next year to be and things you would like to try for.

I found some questions that are a great start, especially if you've never done this!

Here are some of the ones I've answered as I reflect on 2013 and 2014:


4. Where do I need to allow myself grace? On the days where it's hard living abroad. Those days will always happen and for legitimate and understandable reasons. And I will probably continue to adjust living in another country for a long time. 
5. Am I passionate about my career? I'm really passionate about blogging and want to keep working to somehow make this apart of my career. 
6. What lessons have I learned? To rely on God, to be humble, to embrace learning and growing and challenges. To be light and have fun! 
25. How can I be kind to myself? Be encouraging about the positive things and the victories! I too often focus on the negatives and where I don't feel I measure up. 


When I think about some of these questions and about 2013 for me, I feel like I actually have a lot to be  proud of and a lot to look forward to with this next year.

How did last year go? What's something you want to work on in 2014? What's a positive thing about 2013? (Don't forget to think about those! :)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)